5 Warning Signs Your Roof is Giving You
We suggest you perform a roofing inspection on your Collinsville, Festus, or Granite City home or business twice a year. In mostcases, you will be able to plan ahead for any near or distant issues that will require roof repair or replacement. Being on top of the roof is morepreferred for athorough view, but you can also do this from the ground-level with binoculars if you aren't comfortable accessing the roof on your own. A professional roofer or roofing contractor is trained to quickly identify any existing problems, while safely maneuvering around in a low-risk manner.
5 WARNING SIGNS THAT YOU NEED ROOF REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT:
- Damaged Shingles. If your shingles have become loose, cracked, curled, broken, or missing, they have arrived at the end of their life and unable to preserve and protect your home the way they were designed to.
- Interior Water Damage. Stains on your ceiling and walls or a sagging ceiling are indications that your roof is possibly leaking (this could also be caused by damaged or insufficient amounts of insulation) In most cases your roof is already on its way to costly damages by the time you become aware of a leak, dont hesitate to have it inspected by a professional ASAP.
- Loose or Exposed Nails. Loose and/or exposed nails leave open holes and allow water to enter into your home causing premature damage.
- Missing Granules. The granules on your shingles help to protect them from the weather and elements. If you notice a significant amount of granules are missing (usually found in your gutters), they may be in need of replacement.
- Damaged or Missing Flashing. Flashing is used when something such as a chimney, skylight or wall joins your roof. Water can easily penetrate into your structure when the flashing is damaged or missing.
If you see any of the above warning signs on your Collinsville, Festus, or Granite City roof then you are in need of repair or possible replacement. Call us at (636) 223-2253 or contact us to schedule an appointment today.